WHO WE ARE
Lana is the Eco-Warrior Mama behind Stella Stellina. Her high school thesis paper was on the disposable clothing industry. This awareness has been at the forefront of the building of Stella Stellina. With a bag full of unwanted t-shirts and a son drooling like a faucet; she found herself making drool bibs, a whole lot of drool bibs.
WHERE IT ALL BEGAN
Our journey started on Vancouver Island, Canada. After owning a secondhand boutique; we realized the magnitude of the disposable clothing industry. Garments that have gone out of style, stained, or have a hole; normally end up in the landfill. Our goal is to reduce this issue by upcycling & sourcing sustainable fabrics. Now based in Geelong, VIC Australia and ever perfecting our zero waste low impact living.
WHEN THE SUSTAINABLE GAME IS ON POINT
We strive to make a little bit of Eco in every product we create. Here is how we achieve that Eco love:
- Produce Bags are designed to eliminate the use of single-use plastics.
- Dish Cloths eliminate the need for plastic sponges & disposable cleaning cloths.
- Sponges are made from upcycled coffee bags & organic cotton offcuts.
- Veggie Saver Bags are made from hemp/organic cotton & designed to reduce food waste.
- Napkins are made from upcycled fibers & designed to eliminate single-use paper napkins.
- Market Totes are made from remnant fabrics.
- Handkerchief Books are made from organic cotton & designed to eliminate paper tissues.
- Baby wipes, reusable & made from organic cotton
- Furoshiki made from upcycled fabrics & designed to eliminate wrapping paper that often can’t be recycled.
- Garments that are of 1 size range are made from upcycled t-shirts.
- Grow with me pants fit the child for 3 years; made from new Hemp/Organic Cotton fabric.